Drop by Networking Uncommons, located in the convention center, and make the connections you need. You'll have plenty of space for discussions, lunch groups, or creative relaxation within the space. The space will be open during most of the conference and will have several networking opportunities rotating throughout the conference!
Hours to be announced soon.
Sign up for a time slot if you want to plan ahead (a sign-up schedule will be uploaded soon) or just show up. During open times, the area is up for grabs and big enough that multiple groups can use it at once. Use the space for one of your own meetings, or view a list of topics offered each day to see what might interest you. You'll want to bring your computer, desktops and laptops will not be provided. Please try to avoid booking space for more than one hour per day - this will allow access of the space to more conference attendees.
WaysYou Can Use This Space
- Have a seat on your own for a few minutes to power down.
- Power up your tech.
- Continue your group’s discussion after your official meeting.
- Offer a short, impromptu talk about a topic (just advertise it on Twitter, etc., and show up).
- Summarize your meeting and use our webcam to stream it live or record it for posting - it’s totally up to you.
- Have a hot topic everyone’s buzzing about at Midwinter but there’s no formal meeting to discuss it? You’ve found your space – just pick a time and tell everyone.
- Whatever else you can think of!
Attention Exhibitors/Vendors: To run activities or small meetings, please use your booth on the exhibit floor, the Customer Connect Lounge near the Exhibits Office, or contact ALA Conference Services to inquire about space options. Selling, marketing, and distributing commercial or non-ALA marketing materials will not be allowed in the Uncommons.